We nurture individual character and potential development.
School is so much more than just teaching different subjects to young minds. It is more than just offering study material and lessons. School is also a place where a healthy social environment and enthusiastic teachers helps nurture character and potential development.
Many adults look back to their own school years and remember the teachers better than the lessons. Many business leaders acknowledged the influence a specific teacher had in their success.
Eric Sheninger, former award-winning principal said his science teacher was one of the most inspiring educators he ever experienced; Mr Wayne South kindled his passion for science. Andrew Motion, former poet laureate, said his English teacher Mr Peter Way, turned the lights on in his mind. The British journalist Robert Peston had two teachers that were brilliant at communication and had a particularly big impact on his life. Sharon Horgan, a comedian, had a teacher with a great sense of humour, who made every kid feel like they were individually important.
As part of our comprehensive approach to education, Charis Christian School work to create a healthy and positive environment for learners to grow personally and develop their potential.
What our teachers say about their role at the school:
- One of the highlights is to interact with the parents when I’m on gate duty and talk about their kids.
- The paces are full of Godly wisdom.
- It’s a privilege to teach and to help the kids discover how to talk to God every day!
- Learners are not numbers. We have small classes.
- Great support system for teachers at the school.
- Our curriculum is mastery based and lets students progress at their own pace.
- Getting to know the kids personally.
- It is my passion to contribute towards the success of the learners.
- Our school is a lifestyle. What you put in will come back with dividends.
Some of the remarks from our learners:
- Thank you, ma’am, that you help me find a way to get to the answer.
- You are special Ma’am.
- Thank you letters and cards from current learners and ‘miss you’ ones from earlier learners.
- Teacher is the best!
- It’s easy to talk to my teacher.
- I feel at home when I’m at school.
- Thank you for not giving up on me.
Feedback we receive from parents:
- Thank you for your understanding, love and that you care for my child.
- Thank you for the completeness of information you shared during the meeting.
- Thanks for the support during our family’s difficult time.
- Thank you for caring about my child and not just his academic results.
- The teacher is a tremendous source of inspiration and trust for my child.
- Thank you for early feedback.
- I’m impressed with how English is taught.
- Thanks for helping my kid to think outside the box.
- Due to the great foundation at Charis, my kid is doing very well after moving on to high school.
- Thank you for caring and walking the extra mile.
- I like the ACE system and my child working in his own office.
The feedback above reminds us of the important role we play as educators. It is our privilege to work with each individual child, parent and family. It is rewarding to see a child grow in confidence, character and mastering different subjects. To us education is a passionate calling.
We encourage parents, guardians and family members to engage and interact with their children each day. A person doesn’t have to be a teacher to be a good role model for children. Think back to when you were young… how are you positively impacting the children around you? You may be the one that lights a love for reading, storytelling or science in the heart of our young learners.
Quality education is important in the early school years. The Accelerated Christian Education curriculum is aligned with the Department of Education’s CAPS curriculum and offers each child a high standard of individual learning. Read more on the benefits of private school education and the ACE system.
We are still accepting 2020 applications. To enrol your child and become part of the Charis family, contact us for more information at 012 543 0518, send an email to email@example.com or visit the our website.